Recent grads

Could I fly for these people Advanced Air https://www.advancedairlines.com/where-we-fly They fly out of NM

Keiran,

Commuting means that you have to get from wherever you live to wherever you are based on your own time. How you do that is up to you. Once you get to your base, you will fly a normal schedule just like a pilot that lives locally would.

Very few airlines do a two weeks on, two weeks off schedule. That is mostly the cargo airlines that fly those sorts of schedules. I recommend taking a look at our “Schedules” section.

Chris

I have a question about Pilot Salary. Where are base salaries and also how much money would make after 2-5 years at an Airline like a regiona Envoy,Air Wisconsin,Mesa

Keiran,

You could fly from ABQ to PHX. As a commuter you are responsible for getting yourself to and from your base, in whichever way you choose.

Tory

Airline pay can be found on www.airlinepilotcentral.com

Just because they fly to NM does not mean they have a base there. It will be very difficult to find a pilot job that keeps you in NM without having to commute.

Chris has a point. Their office is in Hawthorne, CA. Their route map also indicates that that’s where most of their flying originates from.

As a side note, I want to echo what Adam said earlier. Focus on what’s important right now. Worry about where you’ll end up later.

Tory

I looked at Pilot pay and when I did the math it only added up like 30-40k. Also Flexjet looks like a private plane company. How does someone get hired for a private plane company

If the hiring window is open and you meet the qualifications and have good letters of rec and you do well in the interview and you pass all the background checks, etc.

Tory