Recommendation's for school's in TX

Hello all,
I hope everybody is having a fantastic day. I want to introduce myself! My name is Richie Bui, I’m 24 years old. I spent the last four years selling cars… I always had a passion for planes and flying. When I decided I wanted to make the leap, I spent six miserable hard working months to game plan on what I would need to be able to go to school without working. I am currently located in Dallas and am SUPER EXCITED to finally have the opportunity to start my Aviation career. I recently got my loan approved (ONLY TOOK THREE DREADFUL ATTEMPTS). I am currently researching different ATP locations in the Dallas area. Do you guys have any recommendation’s and note to self on which location to choose and what I should be on the look out for? I have zero time and the goal is to get to the major’s. I understand that it might be all the same curriculum but do different locations provide different opportunities?

Hi Richie,

Sorry things have been “miserable” and “dreadful” but hopefully they’ll get better soon.

As for locations, of ATPs 70, there’s really only one that’s worth the money, but it’s a secret. If you want to know which it is you’ll need to send cash to my go fund me (#adamneedsawhaler) :slight_smile:

Obviously I’m being silly but the fact is that ATP works (and succeeds) and standardizing ALL their locations to ensure ALL students receive the same level of training and have access to ALL opportunities, resources, etc. The best location is the one that works best for you. It’s as simple as that.

Adam

2 Likes

Richie,

Welcome! You will experience the same program at any ATP location across the country. But if you are really looking for which location suits you best, you can always do a training center tour of the locations you are interested in. You are probably best choosing the location that you live closest to. With that being said, the DFW-GKY location is probably the largest in the country with a brand new facility and new G1000 Archers (including our two new 2022 G1000 fuel injected Archers!), so it’s hard to not consider that as a top option! ADS and TKI are smaller locations that use G1000 Cessna’s instead. The best location is the one that works for you, they all offer the same training and follow the same program outline, despite using different primary aircraft.

Best of luck!

Roscoe

1 Like

Richie,

ATP has been successful across the country for decades. They do this by consistently being able to offer the same product at all of the locations. While the location sizes may be different, the ratios are the same and so is the student experience. I would simply pick the location that is most convenient for you and not give it any thought beyond that.

Chris

1 Like

Richie,
Just pick the one that works best for you! Shortest drive, housing nearby, etc. You have access to all the same opportunities no matter what location you chose. Let us know once you get your start date assigned!
-Hannah

1 Like

Thank you! There’s no need to. be sorry, it’s only going to be up from here haha no pun intended! Sounds good, I appreciate your wisdom! Can’t wait to get the ball rolling

Roscoe,
Thank you! I appreciate all the notes and pointers. I went to ADS yesterday, I plan to go check GKY sometime this upcoming week! I appreciate your time.
Best,

Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to help! Sounds good, that seems to be the general answer. I am. curious though, I went to ADS yesterday and they said they don’t have housing but GKY does. Am I understanding it correctly that this mean I wouldn’t get allowance for housing. at the ADS location?
Thank you again.

Regards,

Hannah,
Sounds good to me! I’m currently scheduling an appt to get my First Class Medical done before enrolling! Can’t Wait!! Thank you for your time and help. I sure will!
Best,

Richie,

Housing costs extra, so if you do not need it, you will not pay it. Now you can take out extra money for living expenses on your loan, that is regardless of whether ATP offers housing at that particular location or not. Did that answer your question?

Chris

1 Like

Chris,
Thank you! Yes sir that made making the decision a ton easier. I really appreciate your help! I’m learning as I go.

Regards,

Great, let us know how else we can help you.

Chris