Simulators at different ATP locations

Hi, I am having a hard time trying to figure out an ATP location that is best for me anywhere between Baton Rouge and Miami. (Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida) Maybe South Carolina. Does some of the locations not have flight simulators so you can get your instrument rating faster? Or does some have more planes? I heard the planes get rotated around, but what about the simulators? Any advise will help tremendously. Thanks!

Evan,

If you’re having a hard time choosing a location you’re putting wayyyyyy too much thought into it. ATP delivers the same quality of training and training resources to all their students nationwide. All have simulators and the number of airplanes is determined by the number of students at each location. The program’s timeline from zero to CFII is only 7mos. Trust me you don’t want to go faster than that.

Choose a location that works best for you. Climate, family close by or “I’ve always wanted to live in…”. Regardless of which you choose, if you’re willing to do the work, you’ll have a positive training experience and be successful.

Adam

Adam

Awesome, thank you so much for that. I think I am going to choose Baton Rougu, La. it’s not as “cool” as Miami or another Florida location but it is way closer to home. Thank you!

Evan,

With all due respect I think BTR is plenty cool!

And really whatever works best for you is cool :wink:

Adam

1 Like

I absolutely agree with Adam here. Everyone thinks the grass is always greener on the other side. ATP has so many locations to provide a convenience. Don’t over think it.

Tory

1 Like

Evan,

Adam is :100: accurate with that ATP delivers the same training regardless of location. At the locations of interest if you hover down to the “Aircraft” section on ATP’s website you can see what type of equipment is currently present.

Brady

Brady,

Hi, I know everything is the same for all locations, but it says Baton Rouge has 1 piper archer. Does that mean there is 1 plane in the whole location? Just curious.

BTR has a brand new PFC GTX AATD with G1000, matching the configuration of the brand new 2021 Piper Archer currently assigned there, N756G (214 hours total time!). This is a new location. As enrollment ramps up, ATP adds more aircraft, instructors, and sims to keep everyone progressing on-time and on budget. BTR is already scheduled to have its second new Archer allocated within the next week.

14443|666x500

2 Likes

Adam and Chris won’t recognize any of this. They didn’t get shiny new equipment when they went through the program, but it seems to have worked out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Justin

Wow, that is awesome! I didn’t realize how new Baton Rouge is. You’ve got me so excited to go! Thank you so much for those pictures, that is so cool. I look forward to taking my intro flight there in the coming weeks!!

Justin,

Actually when I was in ATL doing my CFI stuff, a shiny new Seminole showed up (still had the plastic on the seats). My instructor grabbed it for my MEI checkride with Clyde Shelton in HSV. After the ride Clyde called Admin and demanded he ONLY get new Seminoles for any further checkrides and we both got an earful!

Good times!

Adam

4 Likes

Justin,

We had a vintage Frasca FTD at Manassas when Adam and I were students there. While it was not new and shiny, it certainly helped teach us what we needed to know.

Chris

1 Like

And I got to meet John Frasca in JAX while I was in the Frasca!

Him: how do you like the sim?
Me: it’s great!
Him: glad to hear! I’m John Frasca.
Me: that’s cool! Like the sims.
Him: yea that’s me!
Me: Holy…!?! :slight_smile:

Adam

3 Likes

Justin,

I am jealous of BTR right now. I do enjoy flying the G500’s here at KYIP. Got to check out the Seminole that they brought up for us. Looking forward to that multi stage in a couple months.

Josh

Johua,

For me, flying the Seminole was really a lot of fun. It is a great airplane to fly, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Chris

1 Like