Sinclair college

I have interest in becoming a pilot. I am going to ATP in the future, but I got accepted into Sinclair University for a Bachelor in Aviation. Is that good in the eyes of major airlines like Southwest Delta United ect ect?

Brandon,

The majors want to see a bachelors degree. It can be in anything. No brownie points for an aviation degree either.

Please read the articles in our FAQ section.

Tory

Brandon,

I’ve actually never heard of Sinclair but as Tory said, the airlines neither desire nor require an aviation degree. More important in addition to getting a degree that you don’t really need (other than the degree part) you’re also not providing yourself with any backup should flying not work out for any reason.

It’s always a good idea to have a Plan B and also 30yrs from now when you’re a bored senior Capt only working 10 days a month you can use that degree in _________ and write a book, open a business, teach…

Adam

ive had people say major airlines require a degree

Brandon,

They do but they do not require an aviation degree nor do they prefer one.

Adam

Brandon,

I have never heard of Sinclair University. That does not mean that it is not a decent school, but they are certainly not one of the big names in aviation.

That being said, the majors just want to see a four year degree, the field of study does not matter one bit. It really does not matter one bit if you have an aviation degree or not. In fact, I would encourage you to get a degree in some other than aviation so you can have something to fall back, should you ever need to.

Chris

Brandon,
Sinclair university is fine as long as it’s a reputable and accredited university. The majors do in fact require a degree but it doesn’t need to be in aviation. As others have said, it’s almost wasted money and time just to check the box to “have a degree”. You might as well get a degree that could give you opportunities if needed to fall back on.

-Hannah