Skillbridge

Good Afternoon,
I will be retiring from the Air Force effective 1 Dec 2023, has anyone utilized skillbridge at the ATP school? I’m looking to transition to Raleigh, NC.

Joseph,

To my knowledge ATP does not participate in the Skillbridge program.

For more info on how to become a pilot through ATP, visit: Pilot Career Guide / ATP Flight School

Tory

Joseph,

You can use your GI Bill benefits with ATP to be reimbursed for the FAA examiner fees (around $8,000-$9,000), but unfortunately not the cost of the program. Really the only way to utilize more of the Bill is to be dual enrolled in a college degree program that has flight training attached to it, which will take you 4-5 years to complete and runs from $175,000 - $225,000. The VA will cover about $80,000, leaving you with about $100,000 to cover out of pocket.

At ATP, you can apply for a loan to get your entire course price covered upfront, allowing you to train full time – you will complete our Airline Career Pilot Program in just 7 months.

Hope this helped.

Hannah

I transferred my gi bill to my son while he was in college. He’s now in the Air Force. So I have to figure out other means for funding

Joseph,

The vast majority of students finance their flight training. Check out this link:

Chris

1 Like