SkyWest March 2022 Schedule

Congrats Hannah!!
What a great feeling it is to hold a line, right! As seniority goes up, not only will you be able to hold a line and trip trade but also you will start getting proficient at maximizing either your time off and /or your pay.
Have fun, blue skies!!

Enrico

1 Like

Cesar,

Thank you! It is such a nice change of pace. I look forward to really being able to maximize my schedule. I’m jumping in seniority by almost 8% every month. Crazy times

Hannah

2 Likes

I’m trying to understand the hours and such with this - I’ve seen on several pages, minimum line and reserve guarantees - most being about 75 hours. Does this mean that regardless of how much you fly, you’ll get paid for a minimum of 75 hours. In your case with the 93 hours credited, does that mean you flew 93 hours? or just paid for 93 hours and flew 87?
Sorry for digging into old posts, just trying to sort this out and better understand these schedules ha! Also, in some of your reserve schedules, you indicated you’d flown like 43 hours or something like that, so is that added to your 75 hour minimum or do you just get the 75 hour minimum plus per diem if applicable?
Thanks
-Steve

1 Like

Steve,

Great question. So block is the time you actually fly and credit is what you’re getting paid for. On a month of reserve you will always get the minimum guarantee. At Skywest it is 75 hours. So if you fly 0 hours, your block will be 0 but you will credit 75 hours of pay. If you fly 35 hours: 35 block, 75 credit. If you fly 74 hours: 74 block, 75 credit. You will always get paid for min 75 credit hours.

If you fly over that, let’s say 80 hours then you block 80, credit 80. You get paid the extra 5 hours.

For this specific month, I was a line holder that flew 87 hours (block) but credited 93. The extra credit can come from a few different places: brake release at departure airport to brake set at your arrival airport is credit and block is wheels up to wheels down so on each flight there is a bit of pad for taxi time on both ends that is credit, not block. Also deadheads included in a trip are paid time in the form of credit even though you’re not flying.

Make more sense?

Hannah

2 Likes

Awesome - That was what I thought, I just wasn’t quite confident in my understanding!
Thanks for the further breakdown!
How’s your new gig? I’ve got a buddy that went from JSX to United not long ago and I understand he is loving it!
Thanks again!
-Steve

I absolutely love it as well! The training has exceeded even my highest expectations. I pinch myself every day I walk in the building, grateful to be there and grow as a pilot each day.

Hannah

1 Like

@Hannah I was wondering if you would be able to post some new monthly schedules that you have done. I love seeing what you all do.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

@ckoz I’m currently going through initial training at United but as soon as I get back on the line, I’ll resume posting my schedules!

Hannah

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to get assigned to Dallas or Houston at Sky West right from the start?

Zack,

It depends on the fleet but you can check every month and see who the most junior pilot in the base is to get a good idea of how long it may take you to hold it. For example, on the CRJ the most junior FO that can hold DFW right now was hired 11/2022, so 5 months seniority. That’s probably about 3 months in a junior base after completing training before getting the transfer. IAH is bit more senior. The most junior pilot there is a 07/2022 hire date, so 9 months of seniority.

If you’re interested in the ERJ, there is a IAH base but no DFW. The most junior pilot on the ERJ in IAH is a 08/2022 hire date, 8 months seniority.

Hannah

Under 9 months doesn’t seem to bad to get back to my home state. I can easily make that wait. Thanks!

How senior is ORD base for Skywest?

Martin,

ORD is a junior base for both the CRJ and the ERJ. New hires are getting it right away in training.

Check out the link above. It shows the hire date of the most junior pilot in the base. That will help give you a clearer picture on how long it could take to hold a certain base.

Hannah

Nice, that’d be my preferred base since I live in MKE.

How hard or unrealistic would it be to trade fights to be at your home base more often?

Cameron,

It depends. If you are senior and you have a desirable trip it could be easy to trade. If you’re junior and have all the leftovers, no one will want to trade with you.

Hannah

Ok good to know thanks

Are all of your flight weeks 3-4 day trips? Is it possible to only work 2-3 day trips with SkyWest?

Matt,

There are all sorts of trips to bid for. From day turns, to 2,3 or 4 day trips. There’s even standups, where you fly the last flight of the night, have a few hours of rest at a hotel and fly the first leg of the morning back. The kind of trips are a combination of what the company need is for the month and your seniority to hold what you want.

Hannah