SkyWest May 2022 Schedule

May was a pretty average month. I flew 77 hours of block and credited 106 hours of pay with 12 days off.

I’m going to start labeling which trips are for which carrier on which airframe to show how diverse our flying is. This month I had 3 United trips on the CRJ 200, 4 American trips on the CRJ 700 and 1 Delta trip on the CRJ 900.

(A few notes to explain some special coding)
*DIOE- is “Displaced IOE” so the training department took my trip for an IOE student. I am pay protected for the original credit of that trip but they can add flying back to my schedule as long as it’s within the original footprint of the trip.

*RSV- reserve duty. Originally had a 3 leg day but the night before had a turn cancel (legs 1&2) and got cancellation reserve from my original report time to the departure time of leg 3.

*SKV- sick/vacation. I called out sick but used my vacation time to cover instead of sick time.

*NJM- NA Junior man. Basically just a note for crew support that I’m not legal to be junior manned in to duty.

Here is the route breakdown:
1-OFF
2-OFF
3-OFF
DAL CRJ 900
4-DH ORD-DTW-ALB-DTW-OMA
5-OMA-DTW-HPN-DTW-DAY
6-DAY-DTW-IAD
7-IAD-DTW-ORD
8-SICK
9-OFF
UAL CRJ200
10-ORD-GRR-ORD-AVL
11-AVL-ORD-FAR
12-FAR-DEN-EUG-SFO-SBP
13-SBP-DEN-ICT-ORD
14- OFF
15-OFF
16-OFF
AA CRJ 700
17-ORD-IND-ORD-GSP
18-GSP-ORD-FWA
19-FWA-ORD-MEM-ORD
20-OFF
21-OFF
22-AA CRJ 700 ORD-BDL-ORD
UAL CRJ 200
23-DH ORD-IAD-PBG
24-PBG-IAD-DH ORD
25-OFF
26-OFF
UAL CRJ 200
27-ORD-FAR
28-FAR-DEN-XWA
29-XWA-DEN-SUX
30-SUX-ORD-FOD-MCW-ORD
AA CRJ 700
31-ORD-PVD-ORD-BNA
1-BNA-DFW-MEM
2-MEM-ORD-IND-ORD

4 Likes

Do you get paid as flight hours for all your credited hours or just the actual flight hours? Noticed there was a pretty good gap between those 2 numbers.

Brandon

Brandon,

You get paid by the hour based on credit. So block time is simply what you put in your logbook but credit includes additional pay such as deadheads, landing credits, incentives trips, etc.

For example, a trip can have 16 hours of block and a credit of 19 hours because there are two deadheads. We don’t actually fly the deadhead but it’s included in pay.

Hannah

1 Like

Hannah, your schedule shows you flew 3 different aircraft types that month. I know the CRJ 200/700/900 are part of the same CRJ family. Are you type certified on all 3 or only 1 certification needed for them all and also, how differently do they fly? I imagine landing the 900 is different from the 200 being so much longer. Would this be analogous to flying the Boeing NG series off 1 type rating?

Luc

Luc,

It’s the same type for all theee variants, a CL-65. Once we get the type rating, we go through differences training for the 700/900. They have different limitations and land differently but for the most part very similar airplanes.

The 200 is older, less automatic and more performance limited but makes the most money for the airlines. The 700 has the best performance and fun to fly. The 900 is a stretched out 700. A little sluggish compared to the 700 since it’s more airplane with the same engines but forgiving and easiest to land.

Hannah

1 Like