Some interesting Stats

As a member of Alpa (Airline Pilot Association), the largest pilot union in North America, we get a monthly magazine. In this month’s issue they listed some numbers I thought some of you might find interesting. Keep in mind these numbers only include Alpa pilots but as the largest union in the country I believe it offers a fairly accurate snapshot of our industry.

Adam

7 Likes

Very interesting thanks for sharing!!! That is alot of Pilots retiring over the next 15 years :open_mouth:

I shared this with a friend of mine a few days ago, and we had a great convo about it. The most remarkable thing to me is that there are only about 84,000 airline pilots in the entire country, and only about half of those are Captains.

For perspective, every single airline pilot in the country could fit into the football stadium at the University of Alabama, and there would still be 20,000 seats left over.

There are approximately 1.3 Million lawyers in the country.

There are 1.1 million medical doctors.

Truly an elite profession.

5 Likes

The aviation community is very small. The connections that can be made are amazing.

I actually flew with a Captain who’s father flew my as co-pilot on my grandfather’s retirement flight at TWA. Very small world.

1 Like