Southwest Jan 2022 Schedule - Credit: 170

Hey all - January credited 170 with 20 days off. A week of that was my vacation/birthday and I enjoyed every minute! I only mildly regret not picking up extra work - a single 3 day trip would’ve put me over 200 for the month. Been a blast to be able to work with our 225 program while padding my credit with extra flying. We’ve got 177 new hires on property since covid and planning to hire a total of 1372 this year. Good times ahead!

1. OGG-SMF-LAX
  2. OFF
  3. OFF
  4. OFF
  5. OFF
  6. OFF
  7. OFF
  8. LAX-PHX-LAX-PHX-HOU-TUL
  9. TUL-LAS-SNA-SMF-LAX
  10. PHX (225)
  11. PHX (225)
  12. PHX (225)
  13. LAX-SLC-LAX
  14. OFF
  15. OFF
  16. OFF
  17. DAL(225)
  18. DAL(225)
  19. DAL(225)
  20. DAL(225)
  21. OFF
  22. OFF
  23. OFF (vac)
  24. OFF (vac)
  25. OFF (vac)
  26. OFF (vac)
  27. OFF (vac)
  28. OFF (vac)
  29. OFF (vac)
  30. OFF
  31. OFF
2 Likes

Jordan,

Sounds like you’re having an enjoyable time at Southwest! Exciting news of hearing that SWA is hiring so many pilots.

I have been a big fan of FlyingwithBigErn on YouTube and seeing the career he has at Southwest.

Brady

1 Like

Brady,

Ernie is a actually good friend of mine - he’s even nicer in person than he seems on his channel (which is saying a lot!). We meet up for coffee here in Phoenix every so often.

I didn’t realize you were a PA guy. I grew up in Reading myself - what part are you from? Hope the instructing is going well!

Jordan

2 Likes

Jordan,

Love to hear that, love his channel! Always has a smile and cracks the jokes.

I am north of the Harrisburg area, in between there and Williamsport (I am very familiar with Reading/Wyomissing/Conrad Weiser). Instructing is going well; loving every second I get! Slowly nearing the big 1,000. :smirk:

Brady

1 Like

Brady,

Congrats!! That’s a huge milestone.

Jordan

1 Like

Hello Jordan! Thanks for the post. Is it true that SWA upgrade time is greater than 12 years, and if so, why does it take so long to make captain? Thanks in advance.