Real Answers from Real Pilots

Southwest June 2021 Schedule

Hey all - June credited 113 with 16 days off. Lots of reroutes and madness with computer issues. Also had a nice little flap fail issue into BZN where our final approach speed ended up around 170 knots and we had to wait 30 min for the brakes to cool before approaching the gate. Also inverter issues, DU issues… basically I am one big mechanical jinx. But it’s great experience! Loads are super full and lots of jumpseaters. Flew with our union VP yesterday and was interesting to hear his side of what’s going on. Looks like we will hire 120 folks before the end of the year. Cheers to one crazy summer!

1. OFF
  2. OFF
  3. OFF
  4. OFF
  5. LAX-OAK-KOA
  6. KOA-SJC
  7. SJC-HNL-OGG
  8. OGG-LAX
  9. OFF
  10. OFF
  11. OFF
  12. OFF
  13. LAX-SJC-BUR-DEN-ONT
  14. ONT-SJC-LIH
  15. LIH-HNL-SJC-SNA
  16. SNA-LAS-BZN-LAS-LAX
  17. OFF
  18. OFF
  19. PHX-DTW-PHX
  20. OFF
  21. LAX-MCI
  22. MCI-LAX
  23. OFF
  24. OFF
  25. OFF
  26. OFF
  27. PHX-SNA-PHX-HOU-BNA
  28. BNA-PHX-MDW
  29. MDW-ECP-DAL-DEN-PHX
  30. OFF
1 Like

One question? Did you have the fried rice in LIH?

Adam

I didn’t! I’ll take all the HI tips you’ve got. My CA on that trip actually lived on Kauai and ditched us to deal with some personal stuff. And I am sure you know how the rental car/uber situation is… so I didn’t get to explore much in Lihue.

Ok, little secret, the airport terminal restaurant (next to Starbucks) has the BEST fried rice on the planet! Our crews will bid those trips just to get rice and bring it home to the family. No rental or Uber needed. Your next LIH overnight grab some before you leave the airport or better before you leave in the am for breakfast. You will not be sorry. If you’re feel like being bad order it with gravy! It’s like crack! Seriously!

Adam

4 Likes

Dang… sounds like I missed out. I’m definitely gonna hit that up next time I’m out there. Thanks for the pro tip!

Jordan