Starting at Tampa location in July

I know this is typically a place to ask questions, but I just can’t contain my excitement and wanted to share it with people who might care. Just received my class 1, placed my deposit, and reserved a spot in the July 23 class in Tampa. By this time next year I’m gonna be an ATP grad and start instructing other people with the same dreams as me. I can’t wait!

Anyone else at PIE or starting soon?

4 Likes

Cody,

This forum is exactly the place for exciting news like that! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, please keep them coming as you go through the program.

Now get crackin’ on those written exams.

Chris

HUGE first step! Keep us posted on your journey.

Adam

Thanks Chris. I’ve already got the kings school lessons started, hoping to get all six writtens done before starting. If not, I’ll do the initial 3 plus the instrument instructor. Wish me luck.

Thanks Adam, will do. So stoked!

I’m starting in Arlington TX (GKY) on July 9. Go Us! I’m super excited as well. I knocked out the PAR test, working on IRA and FII now.
Let’s keep in touch. Unless “Verified Students” have additional forums available that I can’t see yet, I’d like to see more discussion between locations. I’m sure locations across the country have little nuances (weather, airspace, etc) that could be informative or educational to others.

Jared,

There are no additional forums available, everything is here in the open.

1 Like

Jared,

FYI, there’s an ATP Student FaceBook page that seems pretty popular. You may want to look into that.

Adam

1 Like

Cody,

Congrats! I remember the feeling. Prepare yourself to be busy for the next 9 months. It’s going to be hard, but don’t forget to have fun.

Tory

1 Like

Thanks Tory, it feels good to know I finally found a career I can be passionate about. This will carry me through the difficulty. Finance just wasn’t cutting it for me. These last two months of anticipation might kill me though. I’m already mentally checked out of this analyst job.

1 Like

Congrats man! I will definitely keep everyone updated on my experience.

Oh I’m currently at pie! You’ll love it here everyone is great! If you ever have any questions, don’t be afraid to reach out.

It’s an exciting adventure, and definitely get your writtens out of the way. :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2: We are excited to have you!

1 Like

I’m a CFI for ATP at the St. Pete location. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Congrats Tucker! Very cool. Have fun!

Adam

I’m working through the Kings schools private lessons as we speak. Hope to at least get all three plus instrument instructor completed before starting. If I have time for all 6 I will do that but we’ll see. Thanks for the support. Super excited to start soon!

Thanks Tucker. I will be sure to reach out with anything I run into while studying for these writtens.

1 Like

I’m starting in the September 14th Class! Maybe I’ll see ya there! Are you starting with your Private?

I am shooting for a start date at Tampa for beginning of end of August, or beginning September. So I’ll see you there a little after. I visited in Feb. and it’s great. The instructors there all seem good. Not sure if Brett is still there but he gave me my tour and he’s really cool. Area is super nice and it’s a short drive to the airport from the student housing. That’s exciting news! See you there later this summer!

1 Like

Cant wait, should be a wild ride of Intense studying :joy: