Starting from zero, KMMU student

Hello aviators,

I’ve never thought I would do something like this but why not since a lot of people are doing it and it might benefit future or present students.

I started on Feb 19th at the MMU NJ location, went up flying the first day and it was an unbelievable feeling that I am finally starting to make progress on this path. A typical day at this location would be flying, study, ask questions if you have any, and instructors hold ground school from time to time. This program feels a lot like college at times where independent study is essential and it will be the foundation of how far you will make in this program.

However, it is almost a month since I started but I haven’t been flying as much as I wanted to because of the unlucky weather here on the northeast coast.(Flying 1-3 times a week with the flight lasting from 1 hour to 2 hours.) It can be frustrating at times because reading, watching videos, and completing the modules can be dull without flying complementing them. Quick question for the mentors: How much did weather affect you when you were training?

I am optimistic that the weather will be better as Spring is right ahead of us and my instructor and I will make some speedy progress.

I will come back to update when time allows. At last, this forum has been a great help to me, filled with positive energy and real answers from all the mentors. I wouldn’t be here without you guys!

Charles

Charles,

I finished the program exactly on time (to the day) and we had several winter storms during my training. The program is built to absorb delays like this, you should be able to regain your schedule just fine, especially if you are willing to put a few weekends in.

Thank you for your kind words about the forum, I am sure I can speak for all of us when I say that we are very glad that you have found it to be a beneficial resource.

Please keep updating us.

Chris