Starting out flying

How did you guys start out flying did you go through a mall airport flying or did you start on big airlines

Craig,

Nobody starts at the airlines, we all started as students at an airport somewhere. I recommend checking the FAQ section and spending some time on ATP’s website as both explain the process thoroughly.

Chris

hey thanks for the information i have a small local airport near by that I am getting in touch with they have a flight school there. So im sure thats where i will be starting at but just getting some info from other people

Craig,

Chris created a really nice thread under our FAQ section of the forums for prospective students anywhere.

You will have to start your flight training through a flight school like ATP or smaller-scale “mom and pop” school. From there you will start as a student pilot and work your way to commercial pilot (and/or certified flight instructor) and build your time to ATP minimums.

Brady

Thank you

Craig,

Anytime, we’re here to help so please let us know if there is anything else you have question(s) about.

Brady

Craig,

The process of becoming a pilot is much like a doctor, lawyer, or athlete. No one starts in the big leagues. You start small getting local training at a small school in a basic single engine piston airplane. Then you make baby steps to more complex flying, more engines, different types of engines, bigger airplanes, etc. Spend some time here on the FAQ and going to ATP’s program timeline to see what it takes to become an airline pilot.

Hannah

1 Like