Starting soon?

Hi pilots,

Just graduated college with a Bachelors degree, I still have some time before starting. Should I apply for loan first or should I schedule a class date first? Is it reasonable for a class date around October-November or maybe even later?

Thank you,
Brandon

Brandon,

ATP will not let you schedule a class date until you have secured financing.

Attached is a link to the enrollment page:

Adam

Brandon,

Welcome back to the forum, everything is listed in the link Adam linked above. I recommend calling ATP and scheduling an Admission Flight ASAP and work on getting the medical… AME’s schedules do fill up quickly.

Brady

Brandon,

Make sure you’ve reviewed the enrollment steps Adam posted above. It clearly states you need to secure financing before getting a class date. October/November is quite a ways out but demand is higher than ever and class dates do fill up.

Hannah

After applying the loan, am I able to adjust the dates for starting and ending since I am not aware of when my class date starts?

Brandon,

The dates you give on the loan application are tentative. Once approved you can of course lock in a specific date within a certain time period. Obviously if you look for a date too far out you’ll have to reapply as your situation may have changed.

Adam

Just got credit approved for the loan! I am waiting to hear back from them for the loan acceptance. In the mean time, I will schedule for a medical appointment and an intro flight after loan acceptance.

Brandon

Nice job!

Adam

Brandon,

I can already hear “Clear Prop” from your end, things are rolling!

Brady

Clear what? :rofl:

Adam

Clear Prop… :man_facepalming:t2:

Brady

7 Likes

Haha, thank you! Unfortunately I can’t schedule an intro flight or medical before the 13th of June since I am going on a vacation one last time before I start. I do want to enjoy my summer a bit since I just graduated college, but I will most definitely schedule for an medical exam!

Brandon

Hi pilots, got a question, are there resources where I can study for my PAR before I schedule a class date. Or I should wait and correct me if I am wrong, the resources are provided in the $995 non refundable bundle correct?

Adam

Thank you Adam!

2 Likes

The link Adam provided doesn’t state how you should study for the PAR but you should start by purchasing the Sportys Study Buddy App Private Pilot Test Prep. Then go through this flow:

I would recommend for #1 to do Flashcards Mode first then go back and do question mode.

David

Brandon,

You don’t need the getting started bundle to knock out your written exams. All you need is the prep ware apps (Sportys or ASA). Follow their study protocol and you will be well prepared.

The bundle is your supplies for the program once you start.

Hannah

Hmm, I need to dig for that smart study mode. I’m getting 90+% on practice tests now. I’m picking up a plotter and flight computer so I can actually do the chart questions.

Martin,

If you can get three in a row in the high 90s you’re ready to take the test. Make sure you ask a local CFI to endorse you first and schedule a time at a testing facility.

Hannah