Student damages flight school airplane

Jasson,

I would be running away from the flight school, they are showing absolutely every warning sign possible.

Chris

Chris,

every warning sign possible, I know, and is frustrating to start my flight training this way. I will try to ask for money back. I wasted money and time… this is one of the reasons I need to go to ATP.

Jasson

Regardless of which school you go to, I would stop flying with this one.

1 Like

Jasson,

Ok this school is definitely lacking and I too would run fast but ask for your money back for what? Prior to the incident you seem to have thought everything was fine and you continued training. It was just when you thought you had to pay some extra money that you got upset. That and your bruised ego. I’m sorry but the “I still have resentment because I almost left crying and didn’t sleep” combined with the “I will ask for my money back” sounds like you have some growing up to do?

Adam

Adam,

I never used the word “upset” or a close synonym, instead, I used the word “resentment” and if I was upset, I was “upset” with my self for not being able to land and I felt 100% responsible for the tire. In my first post, I never blamed my flight school nor my instructor but my self. But how would you react, when you are told your flight instructor is not proficient with landings, you waste time and money and the instructor quits the same day of the accident and the same day he had to perform crosswind landings with the chief instructor?
When I said I want the ‘money back’, I meant JUST for the times I practice landings with this SPECIFIC instructor because I pay to be correctly trained and not to be trained how to do bad landings, the instructor was incorrectly instructing its student in this phase of training, is in it unfair?
Also, you mentioned “Prior to the incident you seem to have thought everything was fine and you continued training”, and that’s correct because remember, I’m the Student LEARNING from the instructor, and again, I thought I was the problem until the owner of the flight school proved me wrong.
How ironic is life; just a few hours ago I practice landings with a new instructor and I landed without instructor assistance( clearly it was the instructor), and believe or not the school owner is willing to work with me and credit my account, is in it fair?
And lastly, I do have a “bruised ego” and need “some growing up”, but not in this case.

Jasson

Jasson,

I’m glad things are working out for you and wish you continued success.

Adam

1 Like

Hey Adam,

I have a Bachelor’s degree and am currently working on my PPL. Was hoping to come in around 50-60 hours. I’m considering going the ATP route after my private, but this is the first I’ve heard of the 80 hour requirement with a PPL. Does having a degree change this requirement?

Thanks!!

Kate

Kate,

No, it does not. The 78 hour requirement is so that you can meet other FAA time requirements later in the program. Call the admissions department though as they sometimes offer a “finish up” program for the remaining hours, subject to availability.

https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/enrollment.html

1 Like