Student Pilot certificate and Private Pilot Certificate

Do I need a student pilot certificate. To be able to train for my private pilot license? Or I can just straight go train to have private pilot license?

Yes you’d need to get tour student pilot certificate because you can’t solo without it

1 Like

Joshua

How can I get my Student Pilot Certificate? And how much would it cost me?

Bryan

Not sure? I got my student cert years ago when it was put on the back of your medical and so idk how it’s done now

1 Like

The way I got mine was by filling out an application on IACRA and having my flight instructor process and submit the application. Then you get a printed temporary paper certificate until you plastic one comes in the mail. It took about 2-3 weeks for mine to come.

1 Like

Bryan,

All the information you are looking for is on this FAA site! I hope it helps, and best of luck!!

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert/

~Jordan

3 Likes

Do you need any flight time? I still don’t have a Instructor.

Jordan

Hi! I just want to ask if I can directly train to get my Private Pilot license. And take the student pilot certificate at the same time?

You can submit it to a Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), an FAA-designated pilot examiner, an airman certification representative associated with a part 141 flight school, or a certificated flight instructor. The authorized individual will process your application and submit the required documents to the Airmen Certification Branch. Once, reviewed by Airman Certification Branch, the student pilot certificate will be mailed to the address provided by you on the application.

Jordan’s link will help you a lot. the faa.gov website is a very useful tool for you to use in the future.

1 Like

Jordan

I just want to ask if I need any flight time or experience to apply for it?

No

1 Like

Bryan

For the student, no. There is a section on the website that give you the steps to getting the license. It is the section under the header " How do I get a student pilot certificate?"

~Jordan

2 Likes

You don’t need a student pilot certificate to start training, only to solo. Your CFI will walk you through the 5 min application on day one and within about a week they’ll email you a copy.

Love that nickname “WhySoCirrus” lol :rofl:

1 Like