Studying for the PAR Written test

If you started studying for and passed multiple exams in only 1 day, Adam, you should start a religion or something!

2 Likes

Logan,

Adam is like Yoda in all fairness… :wink:

Brady

1 Like

You mean in likeness right? :wink:

Adam

1 Like

I’m thinking about it!

Btw, back before the ATP-CTP requirement ATP offered a VERY successful one day ATP Written test course where you studying and took the exam the same day.

Adam

Ah yes, I proctored many of those exams, had to love the guys that took the full three hours to take the test, finishing at 9 pm.

1 Like

Been studying all day took the practice exam like 10 times got an exact 88% each time rip xD

Got these tests done all 90%+ gonna email them to training support right now and get this endorsement. Also should I wait to have the endorsement in hand before scheduling the PAR test at a testing site? Or should I just go ahead and schedule it now?

RIP PSIs website is undergoing maintenance until tomorrow anyways

Adam,

Would you say that most students get done with all 6 written tests before their start date? If that’s not accomplishable, before starting at ATP up to which written test would you recommend having done?

Yehuda

Yehuda,

You can schedule the exam. You just need to have the endorsement by the time you show up to take the test or they won’t let you take it.

The program allows time to get the written exams done throughout each stage. However, it’s the last study item that seems to get neglected. To address that, we recommend getting a few done just to relieve the stress for your first couple weeks until you get used to the program pace.

I started the program with only my PAR completed and tried to stay one exam ahead of the phase I was in. Worked well for me. I think Tory took each exam in each phase as the program intends. It’s just a way to get ahead. It’s up to you how ahead you want to get.

Hannah

1 Like

Yehuda,

From what I understand most don’t. It’s alot of work and many people work or have other responsibilities prior to starting and just don’t have the time. While it’s not required, I completed them all and found it lightened my load considerably.

If you can’t complete them all, as Hannah said it’s not a problem, just do what you can. One is good, 2 is better, 3’s better than that…

Adam

1 Like

Hannah,

Gotcha, yes I think at this point I will only have the PAR done before I start next month. I have already taken multiple practice tests with them being over 90%, I have already emailed training support with the screenshots of those tests just waiting to get the endorsement, once I have it ill go ahead and schedule an exam. As I emailed it to them yesterday I probably won’t hear back from training until tomorrow or this upcoming week.

I just have to keep studying so as to not forget what I have already memorized.

Adam,

Thank you as well also good advice, and if I can get the PAR done before my start date I will of course start studying for the IRA immediately after. My brain is weird, rote memorization isn’t my thing I really only learn when I dive deep and fully understand everything about a certain topic, that’s why I’m a big studying type of person, so when it comes to the rote of it all for the PAR I am somewhat developing a new studying strategy for myself. Which is working but if I don’t continuously study I seem to forget some of the questions and their respective answer.

Yehuda

Yehuda,

Rote, by definition, is the simplest and most basic form of learning. EVERYONE retains information better when they understand (when you do you don’t need to remember it, it just makes sense).

Regardless as we explained for the purposes of checking off boxes its what works best. Of course if you don’t continuously study you forget, therefore…

Adam

2 Likes

Adam,

Very true! PAR exam booked for Aug 30! Lets goo!

yehuda

Yehuda,

Keep on practicing and working hard - 14 days is a good distance away to forget what you’ve studied so keep it fresh… Please let us know how it goes after you complete. Make sure to get a good night rest and eat something good.

Brady

1 Like

I regret scheduling it’s this far out because now I think I’m psyching myself out, should have definitely scheduled it for this upcoming week to get it out of the way. But I guess it’ll give me more time to study and get an even higher score.

Yehuda

Yehuda,

You may be able to reschedule through the PSI testing website if you want to tackle it sooner.

Brady

You can definitely reschedule as long as you do it more than 24 hours ahead of time, which yours certainly qualifies for. If you can get 90s on the practice test, get that sucker over with and move onto the next one! The second I had my endorsement in my hand I booked that bad boy for the next day, and the same with the IRA.

Might be a little passed the 24hr mark was out all day. But I’ll take it bc now I know I have to secure that high high score

Today is August 18th, you are nowhere near within 24 hours of August 30. Just call and reschedule it if you wish, or keep doing the practice exams and stay on top of it until the end of August.

1 Like