Suggestions to become a commercial pilot with a Bachelor's degree?

Hello,

I’m looking to make a career change into aviation. I’m 27 and have a bachelor’s degree/some years of work experience in science. I don’t know much about the field, but have read that I should take an introductory course for flying. If after I’ve taken the course and do decide to follow through, what schools should I consider in North Carolina?

There’s an ATP flight school right in Raleigh/Durham for about $80K+ and I want to make sure it’s the right choice or if there are any alternatives in the area. They offer basically everything to become a commercial pilot, including a PPL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Chris

Chris,

We recommend an introductory lesson, not a whole course. Usually a lesson or two is sufficient for people to decide if they want to fly or not.

This website is sponsored by ATP and all of the mentors here are graduates of ATP, so our answers are of course biased. That being said, we are all successful airline captains who give our time here because we believe in the program ATP offers.

I recommend that you take a look at the FAQ section as there is a lot of good information there that will answer many of your questions. After that, we will be happy to help answer further questions.

Chris