Tampa

Kamrin,

That is awesome! Congratulations.

Thanks for the update, we love seeing people progress through the program :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like

Very cool Kamrin!

Congrats!

Adam

1 Like

Well done Kamrin!

Looking forward to hearing how Crew XC goes. Most memorable phase of ATP
for sure.
Tory

1 Like

My turn! One month and 8 days into ATP, I got my instrument rating.

Tommorrow will be a well deserved day off as I havenā€™t had one in 2 weeks. Monday starts the crew checkout process. Looking forward to crew!

4 Likes

Tucker,

That is awesome, congratulations!

Keep up the good work.

Chris

Nice job, congrats!

Adam

Congrats!!

Had my crew oral eval and sim last night, then had my crew checkout flight today and am all set to go on crew. As of now Kamrin and I are schedualed to go on crew together as he has his checkout flight tomorrow. Thing could change but I think we will both be sure to share our experiences!

Sounds good. I am looking forward to reading all about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty cool Tucker! That doesnā€™t happen very often. Do you know if
you both have the full amount of crew xc available?

Tory

Well from what I have been told the plan is to fly me a few hours with someone who has been on crew, then fly the rest with Kamrin as Iā€™ve been told they donā€™t like sending 2 new people on crew when they can prevent that. If there isnā€™t anyone for me to fly with before he is ready then we will have all our hours available.

1 Like

But that whole plan could change so we will see what happens in the next few days. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s like the airlines, no ā€œgreen on greenā€ :slight_smile:

Adam

2 Likes

I am not a student with ATP yet but I took my introductory flight at Tampa and it was awesome! My instructor was super helpful and full of information (10 out of 10)! He showed me around the building and gave me an idea of what it would be like attending on a daily basis. While I was there it seemed like a super nice place to be a student at. Even after my flight, the instructor talked with me for almost two hours about the whole process and gave me tips and other advice to prepare for school! I can say that it will be tough now deciding on what location to attend.

1 Like

@Reid07 Were you just in today with Shawn?

Reid,

Thanks for sharing. Itā€™s always good to hear positive feedback.

Tory

Yes I was! He did a really great job helping me.

1 Like

Yeah Shawn is an awesome instructor. I definitely saw you today, sorry I didnā€™t introduce myself I was debriefing with one of the instructors. But I have nothing but good things to say about TPA so keep that on your list!

It is all good. You guys seemed like you had a bunch of stuff going on today. Have you enjoyed TPA so far since attending? And I have only been debating whether I want to attend here, Fort Lauderdale, or Daytona. Do you live in the housing here in Tampa?

Yeah Iā€™m in the housing here. 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, a nice pool, gated community, very close to ATP, overall Iā€™m happy with it. Iā€™m really glad I choose to come here. The airport is not always super busy but there are some days where it seems tower is talking non-stop so you get good experience with it. Also being close to TPA makes things interesting at times and pretty much anytime you fly out to the east you do a transition right over the top of TPA at 3-4,000 feet which is always cool. Iā€™ve gotten to fly all over Florida and yeah right now the weather gets pretty stormy in the afternoons and that can make for some interesting flights. All of the instructors are great, the facility is great, lots of good food around and stuff to do when you just need a break from studying. All of the ATP locations themselves are going to be very similar so it just depends on where you want to spend 6-9 months living, and Tampa ainā€™t bad.