Too short

Pilot is my dream but i am too short! I am 5’2 tall… So is there any chance i can be a pilot?

Sam,

Not sure who told you that you’re too short but you’re not. The military has some height requirements for certain aircraft but the airlines don’t. I’ve known pilots who are shorter.

Adam

2 Likes

So sir, what should i have to prepare to become pilot as i am going to finish my High School next year? what college major should i take?

Sam,

Please take a look at our FAQ section and continue to read through the forum. There’s TONS of great info.
https://airlinepilot.life/c/Ask-your-questions-and-get-real-answers-from-real-pilots/frequently-asked-questions

Adam

1 Like

Thank you sir

Samuel,

Your height will be just fine for civilian flying. The military might take exception to it, but you would need to check directly with them.

Chris

Samuel,

We usually recommend that people major in anything other than aviation. A degree in business, history, biology, etc will be just fine, basically anything other than flying as this way you will have a backup plan should the flying not work out for some reason.

Aviation degrees tend to be very expensive and just not worth it at the end.

Chris