I’m currently active duty in the Navy working a job in intelligence and I’m currently set to transition out after 8 years in July 2018 and I’m looking for new and exciting career paths. I had a fellow Sailor I served with recommend flying and I started looking at ATP Flight School.
So a couple quick questions:
- I couldn’t find if ATP accepts the GI Bill and was wondering if they do?
- Also was wondering if there are any disqualifications based on eyesight or wearing glasses/contacts?
- After completing training are you definitely able to stay in the area in which you just trained whether as CFI or being placed with a regional airline.
- After working for a regional for the appropriate amount of time before being considered for a major would it look bad if I didn’t have a degree? (I joined the Navy at 17 and I’m more interested in flying or diving immediately than going to college for 3 years and not working)
- And are there any items for consideration or tips for someone looking to make this a new career?
Sorry if some of these are repeat questions and I appreciate your help. Cheers!