Travel times to schools?

I don’t know if this has been asked yet or not, BUT… how far would you consider too far to travel for flight school? I’ve got two schools in my state, one is 2.5 hrs away and the other is 1.5 hrs.

Aron,

You are going to have some VERY long days in training. The less commuting you do, the more time you’ll have to study, sleep and rest your brain. Honestly 1.5 is pushing the limit (but doable), but 2.5 is out of the question. That 5hrs out of your day that you can’t afford to waste.

Adam

1 Like

Adam,

Thank you! That is close to what I was thinking. I know I’ll spend a bit on gas, but definitely being home with the wife and kids might make the 1.5hr drive worth it!

Aron,

I think 1.5 hours is right on the edge and 2.5 hours is way out of the question. The program is already an accelerated, condensed program. You will need every minute for flying, studying, or sleeping. Three hours in the car is a significant amount of time and that is without traffic. Just know what you are signing up for and plan accordingly. There might be some nights where it makes more sense to get a hotel near the airport.

Chris

1 Like