TSA background

Do i have to go through this whole process even though I’m a permanent resident of the US. IM NOT A CITIZEN YET BUT A PERMANENT RESIDENT

Luis,

Short answer, Yes. From the TSA Website:

DHS-TSA-PIA-026 Alien Flight Student Program
**July 28, 2014. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) conducts Security Threat Assessments (STA) on individuals who are not U.S. citizens or nationals. **

Unless you are or become a citizen you must have a background check.

Adam

Luis,

I am a permanent resident as well and I just went through the whole process ( TSA background and fingerprints) a few weeks ago.

If you have any questions about it I’ll be glad to help you.

Joe Fraga

Hi Juesley,

I’m from Brazil and a permanent resident. I applied for the TSA background check yesterday.

How long did take for you and did you have any problems to get your process approved?

Thanks and regards

Wendell

Hey Wendel,

Cool! I’m a brazilian too.
It was actually really fast… it took me About two weeks to complete the whole process.

The only “trouble” that I had was when I submitted my fingerprints.
I had to go all the way to Milwaukee- WI because there’s no authorized person from NATA to collect fingerprints where I live (Minneapolis MN). But I didn’t mind the road trip.

You can find locations on this website https://secure.natacs.aero/afsp/find_location.asp

The one thing that I recommend is to make sure that you find a place to submit your fingerprints electronically… that’ll speed things up.

And also, even though you have more than one request ( private, instrument, commercial) you only need to submit/pay to NATA once. If I’m not wrong it’s about $90.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Btw what ATP location are you going to attend?

2 Likes

Hi, Juesley,

Thanks for your answer, I was sure you were Brazilian when I saw your name. :slight_smile:

I sent my application last week and I’ll probably will receive an answer from them soon. I won’t have to travel because I’m in Houston and I have the fingerprint agency close to my house.

I’ll let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks and have a good day!

“Abraços”

Wendell

1 Like

Hi Juesley,

Do you have the website so I can apply as well, is it TSA website i apply or DHS? I looked at both and couldn’t find any related info. I called TSA today and they said I need to call FAA!? The lady on the phone seemed confused.

Thank you!

Hi Georges,

You can go to this website
https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/afsp2/?acct_type=c&section=WN

Once you make the deposit, ATP will send you all the information that you need.
***I think ATP has to register you as a candidate student before you get your application in the TSA system.

Thank you Juesley! BTW, how your training going? how do you find it? Best of luck!

Hey Georges,

The training is fantastic! I’m really happy with the school so far… I have a great instructor and the manager at KIWA does an awesome job, we have a student meeting with him every Monday and he keep us up to date about what’s going on.

I passed on my private checkride about 3 weeks ago… now I’m working on my instrument.

Before I started ATP I was reading this forum every day… I followed the wise advice from the mentors… the result of that it’s I’m ahead of the program by 3 weeks and things are going smooth so far.

Thank you for the update, Juesley. Current and prospective students should take note of your diligence and how it has helped pave your path towards success. You’re off to a great start.

Tory

1 Like

Juesley,

Nothing makes me happier than a student who follows our advice, works hard and then does well in the program :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work.

Chris

1 Like