Uncharacterized disharge

Hi everyone I got a quick question for you all I recently received an uncharacterized discharge from the army and am looking into becoming an airline pilot. Basically I made the mistake of joining the army and quickly realized it wasn’t for me. As a result I recieved an uncharacterized els from the army with no misconduct. Do I have a chance if I get a degree to be hired by a major? Thanks for your time.

Cade,

From what I understand an ELS will not count against you when it comes to getting hired. My concern is you’re now concerned with getting to a Major yet you don’t mention anything about flight experience? Do you have any or are you just looking 782 steps into the future as to what may or may not happen?

I recommend you take some lessons, see if this might be a career you’d enjoy and then maybe start wondering where it might take you many many years from now.

Adam

Adam thank you so much for the response I truly appreciate it. Honestly I’ve just started out at looking into becoming a pilot and have taken one lesson which I did enjoy. On the other hand I’m also passionate about physical therapy especially on the athletic side so I intend to get a bachelors in biology and then go from there. From what I understand a bachelors then atp if I do choose that route would work. If you have any objections or advice I would love to hear! Thanks again

Cade,

No objections at all. Give it some thought, maybe take a few more lessons and choose something you like to do for a while.

Adam