Uniform Question

Hi everyone,

I am starting ATP at Conroe in August and was curious about the color of pants/shorts. Are gray chinos & shorts accepted? I saw that black, blue, and khaki are, but I have a good amount of gray shorts that would work and save me money on buying new clothes.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Zachary,

Unfortunately not. ATP gives students the option of wearing three different colors for pants or shorts, which is pretty generous, and gray is not one of them.

Interesting fact, ATP is modeled after the airlines, down to attire and personal appearances. A lot of airlines require that the employees pay for their own uniforms as well. So, in short, what I am trying to say is, welcome to aviation :wink:

Tory

1 Like

What’s a few more dollars going to hurt? Lol. Thanks Tory.

1 Like

You’d be surprised at what you can thrift if you’re tight on money. I hear it’s the latest trend :wink:

Tory

PS. I picked up on your “pennies” to “dollars” edit. Adjusted for inflation? :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Wanted to bump this thread instead creating a new one regarding uniform colors. I’m about to start ATP and went through the Student & Instructor Handbook via the Student Extranet. It listed gray chino pants or shorts amongst the other colors and the document shows revised as of 2021-07-27. Should I just stick with the three colors listed on the website instead? I still have time to return them if need be.

I think either will be fine, I will bring the discrepancy to their attention.

1 Like

Xuan,

I’m kind of glad you bumped this thread with a screenshot, since HAIR has been a recent topic I remember seeing, hopefully those inquiring about lengthy hair (for males), facial hair and tattoos. Thanks for sharing up-to-date information with us.

Brady

1 Like