United Aviate - Continued

This question is more focused on Brady. I have finally received the email from airline apps with the Leadership Inventory and Employee Aptitude Survey. It then says you will recieve an email from United HR with the “Becoming United” assessment. I was wondering if that email from HR is recieved a few days or even weeks after you get the Leadership and aptitude survey done. I thought it would all just be in one email, or am I missing something? Thanks

Derek,

After taking the survey and leadership inventory over PSI, it took a few days for HR to invite me out for an interview. If and when they invite you, they provide both a ‘Welcome Packet’ and a ‘Technical Readiness Review Guide’ in the email following the invite.

You then will confirm the date of interview and select the time that you prefer. My suggestion is look at flights out on that day and see whether you’d like to get in the night before or the day of. I landed at 10:35am local from ORD, I could’ve taken an afternoon slot. I had to pay for my own hotel, they provided the travel.

Brady

Oh okay, so what you’re saying is you took the PSI test, then they send the Becoming United portion?

When I say the Becoming United portion, it says HR will send a Virtual Job Tryout.

Derek,

The emails I received in order were titled this in the subject:

• Aviate Program Selection Process
  • Aviate Invitation to Interview
  • Interview Preparation

Brady

Roger, this was what I was referring to because I received the Slection Process email.

Not sure if it’s somewhere in the UAL Taleo that I’m overlooking. The steps are very broad

Derek,

If you haven’t yet received the email that’s subjected “Becoming United - Virtual Job Tryout,” give it a day or two and if you have not seen it, then you’ll want to contact Aviate directly through their support email. Ensure to check any spam folders you may have.

Let me get off my mobile and open my laptop to see if I can get some more directions or how I did it.

Brady

Brady,

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions, it’s awesome to have someone like you on the forum who has done the process to get real answers. I’ll be looking for the email in the next few days, and maybe someday you and I will be flying at United together if everything holds up!

Cheers,
Derek

1 Like

Derek,

To access Taleo, you’ll want to go to United’s Intranet website, via this link: United Intranet and sign in (button on the upper right side of page) with the credentials that you originally used to start your United profile.

From there you’ll sit back and watch a video about United’s culture and corporation, then answer some questions based on personality and views.

That would be pretty nifty and fun!

Brady

Gotcha Brady, I remember doing that and received the Selection Process email today. I applied back in December, so I was just waiting for the selection process email. I completed the PSI portion, was just confused because they said they’d send an email about the “Becoming United” portion. I believe now all I have to do is either wait for that next assessment email or wait for them to send me an email to schedule an interview if they decide to go further.

Derek,

Sounds like everything up to this point is completed. I know that after I completed both the virtual job tryout and the PSI Leadership & Inventory surveys I received an email the coming days to receive the invitation to interview. Anymore questions, just let me know, I can assist with anything that I know or am aware of.

Brady

Sounds great, did your virtual job tryout come with the Selection Process email or a few days after?

My Selection Process came with both the “Becoming United” & “Leadership Inventory & Employee Aptitude Survey” instructions.

Brady,

Again thanks for the information. The instructions said it will be a separate email, i’ve checked spam etc. If I don’t get it within the next few days I’ll definitely reach out to them and ask because it says they want both assessments done within 7 days, and since i’ve only completed the leadership/aptitude part it’s technically incomplete.

Also sorry for the rapid questions, I understand it’s a fairly new program and just have so many questions as it can be a bit confusing. :rofl:

Derek,

Not a problem, that’s why we’re here, to answer any question that someone may have. I am working on a post at this time that I’m conjuring up from research and experience about Aviate, that hopefully will answer most questions someone will have about applying to interviewing.

Brady

Thank you for the information.

Quick update. It’s been a week, and today I got the email to schedule my interview for Aviate. Any tips on how to prepare/be as ready as possible for the United interview?

Derek,
I’ve heard that once you schedule your interview you will receive an Interview Prep packet for you to review. I’m sure @Brady can speak to this. You can also google search United interview prep and even United Aviate prep and there are a lot of free and paid “gouges” to help guide your studying.

-Hannah

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll study every inch of the Prep Packet and check into the gouges.