Real Answers from Real Pilots

Weight/ Progres Updates

Hi guys, this will be my second thread made today, but I feel like I really need to put this out there. I weigh 336 lbs. I am 17 years old, 6’4”, and plan to go to ATP in January/February (5/6 months). I recently took an intro flight in a Cessna 172 and absolutely loved it. I fit in it no problem and even had to move the seat up to reach the rudder pedals.

I’m really making this to help hold myself accountable for the next few months to lose 86 pounds. I know I can do it and I’ve lost 15 pounds so far. I am in the process of putting my deposit down and getting all of the material to get my writtens out of the way.

I wanted to make this to update my weight and progress throughout my journey to hopefully inspire others that are in the same boat I am in. Thank you to all you guys that are on here all hours of the day answering questions from all of us newbies.

-Evan

2 Likes

Evan,

Thanks for sharing. Losing almost 90lbs in 6mos is going to be tough and while I’m not a nutritionist, I’m not even sure that’s possible? Not trying to discourage you, I’m just saying you should be very proud of the 15 you’ve already lost but doing that every month for the next 6 is a very daunting task.

That said it’s wonderful you’ve set the bar so high and I wish you much success! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Adam

Adam,

Yea, I know it’s really high, but that’s what I have to do. 90 pounds in 6 months is just 3.4 pounds a week. When you look at it that way it doesn’t seem so daunting. Also I’m really young and have been eating mostly bad food for years. I know it will be extremely hard but I know I can do it. Haha, in the last 2 weeks I’ve lost 7.5 pounds by just eating healthier and smaller portions of food and a shake for breakfast. Thank you for the motivation :slight_smile:

Evan,

I once weighed quite a bit more than I do now. It took time, and I did not lose 3.4 pounds per week, but it is possible and I wish you the best of luck on this. Keep us posted.

Chris

1 Like

I dropped from 267 down to 176 over the course of 9 months back in 2017. I was on a strict Keto diet (before it was a pop culture fad), tons of water, minimal alcohol, and a fairly simple daily exercise routine. It’s doable with discipline.

Good luck to you!

1 Like