Well I made a decision!

Hello all!

First off, thank you to all of the pilot mentors that are on this forum. Your feedback with various topics on this forum has greatly impacted my ability to make a decision on what to do moving forward.

With that being said, I am excited to announce I have a class starting date for 8/15/2022!! I will be training at the Greenville, SC ATP location and I can’t wait to be started!

1 Like

Yes it is!

Congrats on it! There really isn’t a better decision you can make if your goal is a career as a pilot.

As always, if you can, we suggest you get started on your writtens. While not required it definitely lightens the load!

Adam

Thomas,

Congrats on picking a start date and thank you for letting us know. I am glad that we could play some small role in your decision.

Please keep checking in with us as you go through the program and as always, feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Between now and August, you should be able to knock out several of the written exams:

Thomas,

Congratulations! It’s a very exciting time indeed. There’s never been a better time to become an airline pilot.

We’re happy you’ve found this site and it helped you get started in this career. We love to follow you throughout your program and hear of your successes. It won’t be long at all until you’re posting a picture of your first solo!

Hannah

Congrats, Thomas!

I take it that you were able to obtain your first class medical without the SODA?

Tory

I will definitely focus on getting a head start with the written exams leading up to August.

@Tory — You are correct. No issues at all acquiring my 1st class. That was a big relief as I was really stressing that part of the process

I look forward to keeping y’all posted on my progress!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!

Thomas,

Congratulations on your start date at Greenville in August!

Like Adam and Chris mentioned about getting a head start on the Airmen Knowledge Test (writtens), you could theoretically get the core ones (PAR, IRA/FII and CAX) completed prior to your start date.

Brady

@thomas4 Hey Thomas,
I’m looking at signing up for the Greenville, SC location to start end year 2023. How has your experiences been there?

Jeremy,

It has been some time since Thomas posted on the forum, he may or may not still be on here. I would encourage you to schedule an Admissions Flight at the Greenville location. This is a great time to get see the training center, talk to current students and instructors and most importantly, to go flying!

Chris

Jeremy,

Like Chris, I would encourage you to get a firsthand experience at the Greenville location. Doing an Admissions Flight will not only give you the opportunity to see what it’s like to be a Day 1 student at ATP, but also meet and interact with current students and instructors at Greenville.

Brady