What can I do after getting my Commercial Pilot license?

I have my commercial pilot license already, I just go it, but I’m from Ecuador, do you think that will be a good option doing a convalidation of my license in USA? I want to get a job in an airline, but I just have 235 so far, I would like to go to United States, Im looking for a school


Converting your license won’t get you anywhere. In order for you to fly for
a major US airline you need to be a US citizen or permanent resident.


oh ok, thank you very much for the information.


I have the same question…I’m 30 years old, I have 7 semesters of business administration and I recently achieved my commercial pilots license in Colombia. Also, I have my permanent residents card in the US, so, I don’t know what to do…apply for a mayor airline in Colombia, or move to the states and start building flight time and try not to loose my resident status.


My understanding is that if you have permanent resident status in the US you cannot lose it, hence the term “permanent”. The choice is up to you, but you will need to have 1,500 hours of flight time before applying to the airlines in the US.