What do I do next

In 6months I will receive my 2 year degree, what should be my next step in becoming a pilot?

Irwin,

Your call. You can (and I recommend) continue your education and get your 4 yr degree OR you can do your flight training, build time, get hired at a Regional and then complete your education part time or online. While starting early does get you flying faster, getting your degree online can be challenging and requires a fair amount of discipline.

Adam

Irwin,

If you are still young, say around the 20 year mark, I would absolutely recommend finishing your four year degree, then going to flight training. If you are on the older side, then I would recommend that you do our flight training, then circle back to get a degree after you are at the airlines.

Chris

I’m 22 but if I were to do a 4 year degree can I major in business and minor in aviation and still be able to become a pilot or do I have to major in aviations ?

Irwin,

Absolutely, yes. My major is in business administration and I do not have a minor. There is really no reason for somebody to major or minor in aviation. My suggestion is to study what you would like to and then work on your flight training separately.

Chris

1 Like