What does flight school look like schedule wise and hour intensity?

I posted before about the likelihood of becoming an airline pilot with Cochlear Implants because I'm considering going to ATP for flight school.  I'm wondering what the schedule and hour intensity looks like. I need to work while I go to school and I need to figure out if my current job would be enough to support that or if I have to figure out another source of income. 
 To figure this out,  I need to know what the schedule looks like.  I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I see they have a location there.  If not that location for some reason,  I could also go to the Boca Raton location. I'm just listing the locations because I don't know if any of that makes a difference in the schedule at all.

John,

The ATP Airline Career Pilot Program condenses what traditionally takes years into just 7mos. The training is immersive, intense and requires a full-time commitment. Working, even part-time, during the program is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED and can (and most likely will) negatively impact your aviation career. Further obviously the cost of training is considerable. A person’s inability to keep up or failures will result in their removal from the program. There is no “I thought I could make it work” do overs.

Adam

1 Like

John,

ATP’s program ia absolutely a full time+ commitment. You will not be able to work while in the program. Many students take out additional stipends on their loans as a way of keeping up with the monthly bills.

Chris

1 Like

John,

To illustrate our point, a current ATP student just finished his first week. Check out his experience so far:

Hannah

2 Likes

John,

We do have a training center at the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, and you are able to choose where you train. For the Airline Career Pilot Program, you will need 7 days of availability, so we do ask that you are not working or going to school while training. Because of this, you can include additional funding into the financing option to cover your bills while training.

Hope this helps,
Addison

Thank you for this answer. I will look into it.