What field should I major in

Hello, this is my first time asking a question on this forum. I’m in college right now getting my AA and I’m interested in becoming a pilot. What are some majors that would help me achieve becoming a pilot?
Thank you so much

Dylan,

Welcome to the forums. Please check out the FAQ section as there is a detailed post there that deals with this very topic.

Chris

1 Like

Dylan,

As Chris said, please visit the FAQ section but the short answer is it doesn’t matter. While the airlines want a degree they’re really not concerned what the field of study is.

It’s always a good idea to choose something you’re interested in as a Plan B should aviation not work out.

Adam

1 Like

Thanks so much for the quick reply! :grinning: Would you mind linking the post that deals with this question? I’m having a little trouble finding it.

https://airlinepilot.life/t/do-i-need-a-college-degree-to-be-an-airline-pilot/8059/2

1 Like

Its not if aviation doesn’t work out, its it flying doesn’t work out. There are still many jobs in aviation that you can get with an aviation degree.

Charles,

Really depends on the degree but more important the people I know who can’t fly don’t want anything else to do with planes but to each their own.

Adam

IT depends on the type of aviation degree. A degree that prepares somebody to be a pilot will be very focused on being a pilot and will not really apply to things such as airport management, aircraft design, etc.