What I could do if I have ATP SEL and I want to obtain ATP MEL

What I could do if I have ATP SEL and I want obtain ATP MEL? Is there any airlines that sponsor my ATP MEL? Thank for your help.

Luis,

You need to meet the requirements of an ATP MEL. Airlines don’t “sponsor” pilots, they have no need to. If you want to fly for an airline, I’d get my ME CPL add-on. Build the required 25 ME hours and apply to a Regional. When you get hired, as part of your newhire training they’ll complete the required ATP-CTP course and get you typed in the aircraft you’ll be flying which will get you your ATP MEL.

Adam

Ok. I understand you but, in my case The ATP SEL is my first license in the United States, I convert my ICAO comercial pilot license, however I have 1400 flight hours in Multiengine land. Is there any exception in an airline that would hired me and during the initial training I could do the checkride with the FAA examiner as well? Because I don’t have MEL yet.

Luis,

I deleted your other post since it was a duplicate. First, I’m surprised that your first FAA rating that you received was an ATP SEL. I’ve never heard of anyone converting a foreign CPL into an ATP. In my experience, the conversion starts at the private pilot level.

It sounds like you need to pick up the phone and call your local FSDO. They’ll walk you through the conversion process.

Tory

Thank you for answer me. Let me ask something. What is better company to work between Trans state airline and Go jet? Thank you for your help.

Luis,

Depends on who you ask. My best advice is to determine which one is best for YOU. Ask yourself, where do you want to be based? Which aircraft do you want to fly? How long will you be on reserve? What do upgrade times look like? Etc. You should be able to answer all of these questions yourself by researching the different airlines that you’re interested in and talking with a recruiter.

Tory

1 Like

Luis,

Both are good companies to work for. You will have to decide which is best for your personal needs. I would look at company health, pay, pilot bases, benefits, growth plans, upgrade time, etc. You might need to do some digging online to find all of this out.

Chris

1 Like