Whats next?

Hi Everyone

I hope this message finds everyone in good health. So since I finally received my first class medical, the next step would be to apply to any potential flight school I would like to attend correct? I have graduated college, got my bachelors, have the medical, is there anything left? Is it just now “apply and attend”? Please let me know.

Thank you my fellow fliers, I appreciate the help

Well, that’s the beauty of Aviation, as it is now. You get to decide. Congratulations on the medical, I read your story on the other post, that’s wild.

From here you decide what you want within Aviation as a whole and then essentially you hire a company (like ATP, or another part 61 or 141 school) or and individual (freelance CFI) who will provide you with the services you deem necessary to meet your goal.

One of the big questions in aviation is: “What is your mission?” and that’s a question you have to answer for yourself.

Franciso,

The next step is to select a flight school and start training. This is ATPs forum so it’s no secret that’s the school we recommend. ATP has been training pilots for the airlines for over 35yrs and had placed thousands of pilots over that time. Virtually every airline program in the country has been modeled from ATP and they pioneered the airline partnerships. In short if you’re goal is to be an airline pilot, there is no better route than ATP.

Adam

1 Like

Francisco,

I do not mean to sound negative, but it sounds like you went through heck and back to get your medical. Before committing fully to this career, I think you should ask yourself if you are really willing to go through all of this every year and just how secure your medical in fact is. If one little thing could you mean that you would lose your medical, you might want to give some serious thought to making this a career. Just something to think about.

Chris