When to apply for financing

How far in advance is good/allowed to apply for financing through WF or SM?

I ask as I’m about 6-8 months away from starting but a big part of that will depending on the financing I can get. Right now I have an excellent credit score as my mortgage isn’t on my credit report. It was recently transferred between companies so it looks like I don’t have a current one. If I applied now could I use it starting next spring? Or should I really wait until closer to the course start time?

Have seen some of the ATP Finance comment on here before so hoping someone sees it.

Thanks

Robert,

I believe that generally people apply for financing about 3-6 months in advance. Just because your mortgage isn’t currently on your credit score doesn’t mean that you don’t have to report it, you still will.

I would call the admissions department directly and talk to them. They will undoubtedly have many questions for you and will prefer to discuss your situation over the phone, rather than doing so on a public forum.

Chris

Robert,

Without question before the first disbursement the lender will get a current updated credit report and can withdraw. As Chris said, better to wait till it’s closer and get an clear idea where you stand rather then find out the last minute.

Adam