When's a good time to settle?

With all the moving you may be doing as an airline pilot, and them putting Them whereever they need you, when’s a good time to stop and buy the house you’ve always wanted without the fear of being moved again? A good time for your wife to settle in her career for the final time instead of her starting a job and then moving away from it?

Dakota,

That’s really a personal decision but ideally I’d be looking long term and hope for the best. That’s why I always chuckle when new people get on here and ask “what’s the best Regional?” or best airline? The best airline is the one that works best for YOU. I’ve heard great things about Lufthansa but am I moving to Germany or going to commute there? No so who cares. Commuting is always an option but if you don’t have to that’s obviously easier. Bottomline is I wouldn’t spend my life worrying about what may happen when, live you life and where you want. If your airline has a base there you will eventually hold it and stay.

Adam

1 Like

Dakota,

There really isn’t that much moving. I have been based in Newark for my entire career and never lived in fear of being displaced to another base.

Remember that when you work at a company you will know the general health of the company and of the various bases in particular. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody when a base closes.

In short, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Chris

1 Like