Which pilot school should i attend

Hi,
I had a talk with ATP they told me I need a minimum 2 year degree or a PPL to enrol in ATP but since I don’t have both I cannot do it. So I would like to know If you people know about any good flight schools for PPL before I enrol in ATP
Thanks,
Jeevesh Satija

Jeevesh,

May I ask what your age is? That will help tailor an answer to your needs.

Chris

Jeevesh,

There are many fine local flight schools where you could earn your PPL. I would however encourage you to consider working on your degree. While you could be hired by a Regional without a degree, the Majors want one and you’d be stuck without.

Adam

Hi chris,
My age is 19 right now.
Thanks

Hi Adams,
Since there is a lot of need for pilots in the field i plan to do my degree after i complete my flight training school.

Jeevesh,

There is a demand for pilots, but if you ever want to move onto the major airlines you will need a four year degree. I would strongly recommend getting your degree now, then going to flight school. it is simply easier to stay in the school mode and finish the degree now.

Chris

Chris,
What kind of 4 year degree does a pilot need? Or what kind of degree is preffered?
Thanks
Jeevesh

Jeevesh,

Really any degree will be just fine. My degree is in business administration, I have known others to have history degrees, music degrees, etc. I would pick something that interests you and could serve as a good backup should you ever need to leave aviation for medical or personal reasons.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,
What about degrees in aviation mechanics and maintainance? Do they count as good degrees?

Jeevesh,

I believe that most of those programs involve a two year degree, you need a four year. I would avoid maintenance degrees or certification, the goal os to fly airplanes, not fix them.

Chris

Thanks that just answered what i was looking for… i was about to ask " can i have a music degree and get a job on an airline "

Samuel,

Yes. See: Do I Need A College Degree To Be An Airline Pilot?

Tory

1 Like