Will my height qualify?

I am 6 feet 3 1/2 inches tall.

Will US airline reject me? Or will ATP reject my application?

https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/policies.html

This is what I found.
Due to aircraft operational limitations, students taller than 6’3" or weighing more than 250 lbs may be denied training in ATP aircraft. Learn more about Airline Career Pilot Program enrollment and admissions requirements.

1 Like

Nikhil,

As long as you can reach the controls US airlines have no min or max height. ATP is more concerned with weight (250lbs is the max).

You should also know that to work as a pilot in the US you need to be either a citizen or have permanent resident status.

Adam

1 Like

Thanks, this is what got me to ask.

Weight is not a concern so ATP will not reject my application?

I think you should ask admissions about any other concerns related to this, since I just gave you what was provided on the website.

Nikhil,

Height is not an issue with US Airlines, but citizenship is. If you are not a US citizen, I suggest you research that.

Chris

Nikhil,

I doubt they’ll reject you for a half an inch. Just slouch a little when you show up :slight_smile:

Adam

I’m 6’4” and meet military requirements, I’m actually at the sitting height max, which only matters for ejection seats. I do tend to put most seats full back and most of the way down.

The only issue I had in getting my PPL was I did one flight in a Cessna 152 and my knees were in the firewall the whole flight. I elected to pay extra to fly a 172 instead for my training.

I can’t speak to the airlines specifically since I’m not quite there yet. I start with Compass in August. What I’ve heard though is the military usually is more strict on almost everything. I don’t think airlines have a set min or max.

Ryan

3 Likes

Wow! This really puts my mind at ease! I am praying my height does not increase any more. I am 17

Hi I am 6"1 and only weighing 130lbs and I was wondering if I was qualified to go to ATP. plz reply.

Donovan,

I’ll believe you’ll be fine. Here’s a link to ATP’s admission requirements: https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/policies.html

Adam

Donovan,

You should be fine.

Chris