Work schedule

Hi,

I was wondering if working part time while being an instructor is at all possible after the program?

Angel,

The short answer is no. As an ATP flight instructor you’ll need to be available for your students Mon-Fri at all hours. Keep in mind ideally you’ll have a number of students many of who will be in different phases of training. Additionally weather can play a part in the scheduling in that if you need to fly say Mon and the weather is lousy in the am, you’ll need to fly in the pm. You may have students doing their night requirements or you could simply have multiple students throughout the day. In short being an ATP instructor is not only a full time job, it’s also a full time commitment. In the same way you wouldn’t want you instructor to be “unavailable” when you need him during your training after you spent $64K, ATP expects you to afford your students the same respect.

Adam

1 Like

Angel,

It would not be possible to work a part time job while flight instructing for ATP. It is also not possible to be a part time ATP instructor as ATP only hires full time instructors. I recommend working as hard as possible while you are an instructor, you will make more money that way and build your flight time faster.

Chris

1 Like

Makes sense, I hadn’t seen it that way. Thank you!

Anytime, let us know if you have any other questions!

Chris