Written Exams questions

Brady has a great write up on the written exams.

But I have a few more questions that I just wanted in one place.

I’ve purchased Sportys PPL study buddy app. I’ve been taking a ton of 30 random question study sessions and I’m picking up a lot. Is this how most of you guys studied for the PAR? I did a practice test recently and got around 80%.

What can you bring to the test? Should I buy flight computer app? A plotter?

Are the questions presented in the study buddy the same bank as the PAR itself?

1 Like

Martin,

Yes. Learning the questions and the answers by rote is the preferred and recommended method for the writtens but you’ll need to get your scores into the 90s before Sporty’s (or anyone else) will give you a signoff.

An E6-B app will not work because you can’t bring a phone into the test. An electronic E6-B is very helpful as is a plotter. They will provide paper and pencils.

The questions for the most part are the same but might not be 100% verbatim.

Adam

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely want to be in the 90s for my own standards.

Cool a plotter and flight computer. I just downloaded one so I could actually do those plotting and wind correction problems.

So the test is multiple choice, no phone, any other resources besides a plotter and flight computer allowed?

Martin,

There will be MANY references to charts, graphs, figures which will be in the supplied supplement. There are many answers can be pulled directly from them. While rote works best, if you can navigate the supplied material there’s alot less to memorize.

Adam

These are the charts, graphs, and figures that are popping up in the practice Sportys app. Good to hear that there will be a paper form to refer to and work with.

Martin,

Great question! You cannot take a cellular or electronic device other than an E6B calculator that you could buy from Sporty’s or Pilot Mall.

Once I return from my current trip, I’ll edit my original article with your question to help future onlookers as well.

Brady

Martin,

Screenshot provided is from the ACS which shows Acceptable Materials.

Brady