AA Cadet Academy

Hey Adam,

The post I was referring to was in the same thread where Chris said,

That’s a pretty broad brush. He did qualify that as an opinion (“if I were you…”) but to write off a whole segment of the aviation industry seems a little reckless and overly dismissive. The only reason I care, or even bring it up in this forum, is that I bet half of the people on here don’t have a concept of what business aviation (Part 91 or 135) even looks like. But not only is it a valid, it’s sometimes preferable to a lot of people who are concerned about the lack of flexibility/variety in 121 jobs. Like you said, this is 'Merica. A chicken in every pot, and a G650 in every hangar, right?

I give ATP lots of credit. If for no other reason, they seem to be the only “off the street” training program where you can get financing without being in a college program. I haven’t drank the kool-aid with ATP because I’m a little leery of their angle (get as many students in the door as possible). And I’m skeptical of the AA program…they certainly have an angle also, although it seems to be that they’re really just running a pilot program (no pun intended) as 60-100 pilots a year isn’t going to plug the hole they have in their bucket.

You don’t have to agree with me. I don’t expect you would ever stoop that low. I’m persistent because…I care. I’ve invested a lot of time in this journey, and while I wait for my time to come around I’m enjoying sharing what I’ve learned (and trolling you a little bit.)