Airline Pilot schedule

Hi I’m writing this question just because I’m a bit curious how a airline pilot schedule looks like for a month and how many hrs a month do u work and is there still time for the family?

Please check out our schedules section as we all post our schedules there.

2 Likes

German,

As Chris said, please take a look at the Schedules section for some actual examples. Schedules vary considerably depending on many factors (your airplane, Capt or FO, and most important your SENIORITY). On the average pilots fly approx 80hrs a month and usually work about 15. In the beginning you’ll have min control over your schedule which can make family life challenging. As you gain seniority that will improve.

Adam

2 Likes

Hi I am looking to be a pilot in the next 2 to 3 years and I am wondering do pilots get paid monthly or how does that work

Damien,

I assume you’re taking about airline pilots and it can vary but most get paid bi-monthly.

I suggest you visit our FAQ section where we answer many common questions include pilot pay.

Adam

Damien,
Totally depends where you’re working! As an instructor with ATP you get paid by the flight hour. At the 135 charter company I work at, I get paid by the day and at most airlines you get paid by the flight hour.

-Hannah

Damien,

Check out this link: