Flight time verification - school out of business

Hello all,

I read a previous post about verifying logbook hours - Flight Time Verification

I got my private at a small school in socal that went out of business after the owner crashed :frowning: His wife tried to keep the school running, but just couldn’t make it. All the employees basically bailed after that.

In this case, if an airline ever needed to verify hours would I try hunting down my instructors? After getting my private, I rented several times and did the proverbial hundred dollar hamburger runs all over Riverside, Chino, Catalina and I’m not sure how I can prove those hours if it came to it.

I wouldn’t worry about it, these hours will likely be a small part of your total 1,500 hours when you apply to the airlines. If anything, take a copy of a newspaper article that talks about the crash, that would certainly be enough for me if I was interviewing you.

Chris

Thanks for that…completely makes sense, it will be a small percentage of time. I can do much better than a newspaper article since there is an NTSB report.

An NTSB report would certainly take care of this.

I am sorry that you had to deal with a friend or acquaintance passing away in a plane crash. I have dealt with that myself, twice. I know it isn’t easy.