Started September 17th at KLZU

I will let him know! Do you know if he is doing mostly multi-engine stuff? Might make him more easily identifiable haha

Im pretty sure he is.

1 Like

Look what the cat dragged in… Congrats on your new gig, Tucker!

1 Like

Thanks man. Hope all is well with you!!! :grin:

Zach,

Are you going to be a CFI at Falcon Aviation Academy’s KFFC location? If so, I’m looking at starting there this summer and hope to see you around. I’d have very much preferred ATP overall, but after some more research I found out Falcon accepts the GI Bill which really tilted the scales for me.

I don’t instruct in Peachtree because Athens is closer, but I imagine I will see/hear you around when you start doing your instrument and commercial cross country’s! If you have questions let me know!

1 Like

Zach,

I’ve been seeing some chatter about Falcon closing up shop. I saw a press release they did saying they were no longer working with international students and consolidating all of their operations to Newnan to focus on domestic students. I did some looking today and their website and Facebook pages have gone offline. Tried to call their numbers, and while the automated messages seem to work, no one is picking up the phone. Have you heard anything?

Sam

Sam - I am afraid Falcon closed for business yesterday at all three of their locations.

I would recommend you look at Superior Flight School at KRYY, or of course ATP at KPDK or KLZU.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the update. It just seemed so sudden. There was a news report just this Saturday that they would open back up Monday in Newnan for domestic students and they didn’t seem to last more than 3 days before shutting down completely. That’s disheartening to hear, but I guess it’s best now than in the middle of my training.

Yes sorry I’ve been a little busy since everything happened! Some stuff has come to light about how truly mismanaged the company was. I believe I said somewhere in here about them being very reactionary management, and this is the end result of all of that.

They actually fired like 90% of us at the end of February and then closed up completely about a week and a half ago.

ATP is probably your safest bet with everything shifting around so much with the current situation. However there are some local flight schools that may or may not be around after the dust settles, that you could look at! If you live east of KLZU, Dragonfly Aviation at Winder has a pretty good reputation.

1 Like

Thanks man. Sorry to hear about what happened to you and I hope you find (or found) a new CFI gig real soon. I feel for all the employees and students who prepaid that might now be out their tuition money. Hope everyone of them bounces back real soon!

1 Like

Appreciate that! I had an interview with Dragonfly and a school in Orlando, so fingers crossed!