United January 2024 Schedule

January was a pretty good month. I loaded up the middle of the month schedule so that I could be off the last week for a trip I had planned. I only had one hotel room on the back end of a trip that ended late. I had three 30 hr layovers which can be fun in the right places…

In total, I ended up with 17 days off, 47.5 hours of flying time and credited 75 hours of pay.

1: OFF
2: OFF
3: OFF
4: MCO-IAH-GSP
5:(LAYOVER)
6:GSP-IAH
7:IAH-ORD-IAD
8:OFF
9:OFF
10:OFF
11:IAD-BDL
12:(LAYOVER)
13:BDL-IAD-EYW-IAD
14:OFF
15: DCA-ORD-MCI
16:MCI-ORD-YYZ
17:YYZ-IAD-DCA
18:OFF
19:OFF
20: EWR-PDX
21: PDX-EWR
22:(LAYOVER)
23:EWR-PUJ-EWR
24:OFF
25:OFF
26:OFF
27:OFF
28:OFF
29:OFF
30:OFF
31:OFF

1 Like

That long BDL overnight seems to be a favorite of Scheduling, especially in the winter.

Yeah that’s not my favorite…GSP and the EWR long layovers I really enjoy though!

I have been looking at your monthly schedules to determine when you became a line holder. Was January 2024 the month? My son moved from IAH (his first base out of training in October’23 for mainline from regional) to IAD in January. How long does it usually take for a FO to hold a line at IAD?

Yes, January was my first month as a line holder in IAD. Typically the G-Line (guaranteed line) zone is about 80% in base. IAD is more senior than IAH or EWR so it took me about 11 months since my initial class date to hold that seniority.

Hannah