When and where should I do my PPL?

Hi all,

It’s summer and it’s time to pull the trigger on a little bit of training at my local school as mentioned above. I was able to take some extra courses to get through my degree faster and will be graduating a year early now (next spring). Now that it’s summer, I fully intend to get to the point of soloing. I don’t intend to go further at this point as I feel I won’t have enough time before going back to college, and also I’d prefer to get my private at ATP when I do enroll.
So here’s my question, what materials do I need if I just want to solo this summer? I’d need a medical, yes, but besides that, do I need books (any besides what is free on FAA website)? Do I need an iPad? Or are all of those things I can cover with a loan when I apply with ATP and actually intend to get my PPL (+ more)? This specific school is Part 141 and they do in-person ground school, is this something you take concurrently with the actual flying portion, or is it ground school first? I’ll get all of this information from them when I speak with them tomorrow, but I just wanted to get your guys’ thoughts. Btw, I already asked them quite a few questions from Chris’ handy dandy guide. :wink:

I’m really excited!! Adrenaline is through the roof right now.

Ben