Age req-

So ive been looking at all the career paths to see which one strikes my eye and ive been kinda ranking which ones id prefer etc… ive been looking into all the pay and i like the envor air pathway and the endeavor air pathways alot but in my further research with endeavor i read you have to be 23 to start, does ATP wave it to 21? (Im 18 planning on starting ATP when i can afford it in roughly 8 months from now so my timeframe will put me at roughly 21 yro when i have 1500 hours) or do i needa scratch endeavor off my bucket list until a later date

Side question i read online when youre a pilot you bid on location and aircraft my girlfriend wants to stay in her home town or atleast near it which i have no issue with cuz i love it up there and i know worst case scenario i can live wherever and commute but it would be nice if i could get station in either Chicago, Indianapolis, or CVG is it hard to bid for those locations? What should i expect? And how does that process go

Noah,

Referencing your other post, you’re working and said you’re going to get your Bachelors. If that’s the case you won’t be starting at ATP anytime soon unless you think you can work, go to school and go to ATP at the same time.

ATP requires a 100% full-time commitment and you will not be working nor going to school during the program.

Id be more focused on how and when you’re going to be training (and your very poor writing skills) vs worrying about bases and cadet programs.

Adam

Noah,

I think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself. Focus on how you’ll get in to flight training. The program is highly competitive and even with a PPL, admission is not guaranteed. Flying is a huge responsibility and requires a great sense of maturity and professionalism. That’s why we recommend a college degree or at least 2 years of prior work experience. The reality is, most applicants right out of high school at only 18 years old aren’t yet prepared for the rigors of the program and often don’t make it through.

Hannah

My college is online and fully paid for and i have no obligation to finish at any given time i have my timeframe and i expect to finish by the time i reach my 1500 hours or soon after i wont be focusing on college while worrying about flight training

Hey Noah, Admissions here!

It seems like you have a couple questions and are interested in ATP.
Feel free to give us a call at your convenience so that we may better assist you, and answer all of your questions.
ATP Admissions is available M-F 8am-7pm EST and our phone number is 904-595-7950.

Sounds like you’ve got this all figured out. Good luck!

Adam

1 Like