ATP after Undergrad advice

Let me preface my post by saying that I have researched other threads here and elsewhere to answer most of my questions. I am simply curious and hoping that this post will help confirm and clarify my plan.

I have decided that I want to be an airline pilot, coincidentally enough I’ve been hearing that it’s a good time to get into the business. I am currently attending a large public 4 year university. My university has a flight program, but I was rejected from the program as I am a transfer student. (Due to a CFI/Aircraft shortage they only accept freshmen into their flying degree programs). My current plan is to continue on my original degree path, and graduate as soon as I can. I have read that it is advised to complete college prior to ATP as it is a requirement for the majors. Time to completion for my degree is important as I am using the post 9/11 GI Bill, and would love to preserve some of the eligibility. My current plan is to complete my degree, and also get as far as I can in flight training time and finances permitting. I am planning on at a minimum being able to complete my PPL by my graduation date. I am not sure if this helps but I also have several hundred hours logged on SUAS in the military. Outside of my degree and a PPL are there any other things that I can work on in order to better prepare me for ATP admissions and studies?

Ty,

Honestly, the best thing you can do is to focus on your education and complete your degree with as high of GPA as possible. If you can knock out a PPL, great, but don’t let it impact your college studies.

Chris

Thanks I’ll do that.