Best path to becoming an airline pilot

So I am a senior in high school down in Atlanta and my dream and number 1 goal is to fly for an airline. I have 5 hours toward my PPL but since it is so expensive, I have not done a flight in over a year. I want to know what the best path for me to achieve my dream is. Could I just start ATP as soon as I graduate from high school? By the way, I need the cheapest way also, money is a huge factor. Do I need to go to college first and then start training? Why pay the unnecessary college money.

Peter,

Please take a moment to read the FAQ section as most of your questions are answered there. One thing I should point out though is that ATP requires either two years of college, a Private pilots license, or two years of work experience, so it is not possible to go straight to ATP out of high school.

Chris

Ok Thank you Chris. Happy Landings!

Peter,

Aside from the fact that ATP requires a degree (or PPL) coliege is rarely unnecessary. The Major airlines want to see a degree and should flying not work out you’ll go further in life with one. I appreciate money is an issue but a community college degree is much cheaper than flight school.

Adam