Boeing vs Airbus

I know that a couple of pilots here have flown both aircrafts. It would be awesome to see a pros and cons list?!

Marcus,

Imho I feel you need look no future than the primary flight controls to see the pro vs con. Boeing use a control yoke. Airbus actually refers to the stick as an “input device”. No different than a keyboard or mouse.

Adam

This video hits on a lot of the basic differences even if a lot of their arguments are silly.

But honestly, the airplane itself has very little bearing on how I would bid. The actual flying of the aircraft has very little influence on my quality of life. I’ll take a good schedule and no commute over just about anything.

Tory

Marcus,

I have flown the Boeing 737, 757, and 767, along with he Airbus 319 and 320. Hands down, I like the Boeing products. To me at least, they seem more durable and more reliable and I much prefer the way their computer systems work. That being said, Airbus did grow on me over time and I prefer the side stick over a yoke (although not the control logic behind the side stick) and the ECAM system, especially the abnormal checklists.

Both are great airplanes though and there are strong opinions on either side.

Chris

1 Like